Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gardening.

So since I focus heavily on the death aspects a shit a lot of the time I've decided to finally do some rudimentary gardening. I've been kind of an armchair herbologist til now, clipping rosemary from my mom's garden and using other people's herbs.

I bought my mom this handy kit for christmas that comes with an idiot proof growing system of soil, seeds and containers. Just yesterday I took it upon myself to plant the buggers. (It's simple Cilantro, Basil and Thyme.) I'm a first time seed germinator too, I care for several plants (an enthusiastic potted ivy, a small hard to kill bonsai, a pretty retarded succulent judging by its weird growth pattern) but I've never grown them from seed. So covering the baby seeds with plastic wrap (ghetto greenhousing) and letting them sit in the sun is probably the closest I'm going to get to mothering instinct. At this very moment I am fighting the urge to document them every day until they sprout like that crazy mom with the flickr account.

I also went to the Flower Show in Philly today and brought back some Heirloom salad green and chives seeds. We routinely grow tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and whatever else we can in our tiny garden each year, so I figured I'll try my hand at germinating the babies and growing some green things. It helps I'll have graduated, too. I also brought home 2 more succulents which I will get around to getting pictures of.

But hear me astral, I'm trying, okay? I'm trying to integrate life...into my life. Gardening tips are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment