Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!

I began work with Ganesh in the beginning of Summer...and though my obstacles WERE removed...I didn't know how much the process was going to change me, irrevocably.

To honor our continual bond, I am celebrating Ganesh Charturthi, popularly known as Ganesh's birthday, more or less. The date changes yearly, but this year it began today. Truth be told I pretty much remembered it around 2 PM today, but when I did I was seized with a desire to honor this holiday.

I went out and bought one of those 7 day candles from the grocery store and affixed a Ganesh image to it. I rearranged the altar. He told me to offer Him coconut milk, so I bought some of that too. I plucked fresh flowers (pretty much all that's necessary for a heartfelt offering to Him is flowers, water, and candles) and arranged them around the altar. I filled a bowl with coconut milk, and I recited the 108 names of Ganesh and the Ganesh mantra (Om Gam) on my Mala as well.

I will be proceeding to celebrate the entire 10 days, which is going to be interesting with the intersection of Mabon. But it felt right. It feels really good. I'm happy to do this for Him.

Anyway, photos.





3 comments:

  1. *nods* Very nice.
    My man has a Ganesh amulett in the car and it so just happens, that we found an incense holder this weekend, with Ganesh on one end.
    Maybe that's a sign?

    I guess it couldn't hurt to offer him some water, flowers and a candle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I didn't even realize. I have a Ganesh statue on my altar. Yesterday I spontaneously picked some roses and butterfly bush blossoms (they smell like honey) as offering to Him. I guess I did know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's been making an appearance around lately... maybe a sign for myself. So when I saw this post I knew it was another. Great pics!

    Thank you for linking up to PPBH!

    Namaste,
    Kourtney

    ReplyDelete